Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Imago Dei part 1







I woke up Sunday all beary eyed and sweaty after maybe 3 hours sleep. I smelled of "Bar" and was all Jumbo Jacked with cheese and it was still hot.

As I had gone to sleep I kept seeing Mark's face...and John's and Erin's. It made me happy...happy until one of the cellphones started beeping every 22 seconds.

Groan.

I had such a flood of images and feelings from the day before I wanted to be reclusive...beg off on going to Imago.

As always, I was simply honest with Tabs.

She was honest back. "I have wanted you to come for over a year."

It was not said to guilt me. It was just a fact. I love that about Tabs...she speaks her mind in a non-arrogant and non-manipulative way. I would still be loved if I stayed.

But see then you have to deal with a little higher authority.

"So what do you want me to do?" I ask God in my head.

"Go." (You dont actually hear the word "go" it is more of an impression...God is wiley that way).

"What, you mean like Field of Dreams go?"

"Just go."

I am such a smartass.

Well I did go, with Jon and Tabs and Coleen and we met up with James and Ryan.

As we were singing "How Great Thou Art" I was able to crawl inside the song and also enjoy group praise of God.

We were meant to sing as a species...but we only do it in pubs (in Europe), in churches, or around campfires.

That's it unless you are a musician (okay, okay...we sing in the car too).

This morning when I woke up at 4, the hymn was going through my head "then sings my soul!!"

This is not usual. Generally I awake with a certain sense of dread and overall foreboding.

Draw your own conclusions. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM , Blogger tabitha jane said...

i'm glad you came.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home