Monday, August 28, 2006















During the service tears streaked with much love as I saw John Paul look at Erin and she look back at him with such love. And Mark inbetween...a real pastor.

The student had surpassed the teacher by so much and it warmed my heart. I was so proud.

Now I am not suggesting I am not a real pastor. My calling is just weird.

After the vows, and tears I went down below and got a drink and went forward to get some air.I saw Mark to my right talking with folk and I felt humbled. Was it appropriate to tell him after 13 years how proud I was of him?

I did (of course) and he said "This is all your fault anyway...You have ruined my life."

Then as we washed through the waterways of Seattle, under a perfect clean sky, he started to tell me about his new life, his fiancee and his calling. I was captivated for the next few hours, and later...back in Portland at 4 a.m. I would lay there thinking of the smile on Mark's face, and John Paul beaming on many occasions, and seeing Erin laugh and I felt so damned thankful that I had come..and I also felt changed.

(more to come...as usual.."we're just getting started!!" -Wallace Shawn in The Princess Bride). Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home