Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Back to Saturday


Rev. Mark Studer and Erin Tice about to become a Reese.












mark shared many stories with me, excerpts from his sermons...his views on many deep topics and he is a wonderful smartass so I kinda never stopped laughing.

One of many favorites was his sotry about doing a sermon in which he said that if Jesus returned it would unite botrh the Left and the Right factions of the church...because both would agree to kill Him.

That's my (sniff) "special boy..."

Like "Deacon Dolson" in Mass Appeal, he is almost to good a priest to be a priest.

But as I said, I'd go to his church any day.

Mark went to Princeton, just as my best friend Scott Mitchell did. They had the same professors, because the professors at Princeton never die. If B.B. Warfield and J Gresham Machen had not borken off to form Westminster in the 1920s they would be alive today.

Like Scott, he found it cerebral but with many disconnects to life and faith.

Okay..here is another story Mark told me...a joke...where The Trinity decides to take a vacation at different spots. The Father says He is going to Rome; the Son wants to see Jerusalem again and the Holy Spirit says He's going to Princeton because he wants to go someplace he has never been before.

I love this guy. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home