Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Morford on MegaChurch Madness



Mark Morford is a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle and really the only regular guy I read there. I guess I read him for a number of reasons, but mostly because he reminds me of the Good Doctor (Hunter Thompson for the uninitated) and he's damned funny. But there is another reason as well...despite his unrepressed outbursts and colorful tirades, he is really very fair-minded and a fine journalist.

I have written Morford often to thank him for not lumping all Christians together as if we are all a bunch of Right-Wing fanatical blood-thirsty, greedy power mongers who feast on fear and judgment. Even in this morning's article, Mark is careful to note some of the good that some churches do.

But this morning's article was on "Who Loves Creepy Megachurches?", which from the gitgo I knew was gonna be Mr. Morford's Wild Ride.

I was not disappointed, or at least not overall.

As I read the article I followed the various leads, some of which lead me elsewhere.

Doing some background on Greg Laurie (who I have met) I ran across "The Christian Post", an online Christian publication.

As I hit the main page a video started that at first I thought was a joke.

No joke. Or, perhaps its on us.
_________________

SkyAngel TV...next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home