Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Three




Birds on a wire....1991.










I am also a painter...though I do not do enough. I actually spend way too much time NOT doing what I do best.

I was made to do art and theology and I just grasp at it here and there.

This little picture/painting is indicative.

Three birds on a wire. They sat outside my house on Fremont Street and I painted them.

Why do people do art? Why do they paint? Why do they sing?

Have you ever wondered about that?

********

Because they do not have to. Not at all.

*******

I have three little beings in front of my desk. Boo, Peanut and Cookie. As I write they are spitting seeds onto my desk. They do this with abandon. Peanut hops into the corner and looks me in the eyes as if to say "yes, you are 40,000 percent bigger than I am. But I know my place and you do not".

He has a a point.

They are adorable and sweet and a picture.

But a picture of what?

Why did those birds on a wire so capture me 16 years ago?

Why did I paint them and why do we paint?

In the small quiet moments do you ask yourself these things or is it just me?


*******






Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM , Blogger Mood Indigo said...

i love this picture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home