Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Jesus Outed in Megachurch, Film at 11, Part 9


Anthony Falbo

____________________

"Okay so what's your point?" I asked.

"Well we changed our Mind." he said

"Huh?"

"We were gonna destroy the city and Abraham comes along and starts arguing," he said.

"Oh yeah..the whole 50, 30 20, 10 righteous dudes thing, right?"

"Yeah," he said. "It was a good argument."

"Like you had not thought of it."

"That's the point," he said. "Abraham came to it on his own and let it fly. We just bought it."

"Yeah but the city was destroyed anyway," I said.

"Only because their wickedness was beyond what Abraham or Lot could have foreseen or understood."

"So it's the gay thing, right?"

"Gay?" he asked. "These were not happy people. Mac, it was not about sex any more than rape is about sex. It is about destroying other people. It was about humiliating them and making them miserable and utterly damaged. It is very close to pure evil."

I was silent.

"The people of Sodom did not want to have homosexual sex. The wanted to rape and humiliate the two visitors to the town and leave them for dead. Trust me, I was there."

"Well this has been fun," I said suddenly. I guess I felt tired and fragged around the edges.

"I want to say one more thing before we get back," he said.

"Yeah, what?"

"It's okay"

"Okay to what?"

"Okay to be angry."

"You can take me back to the church now" he said. "But thanks for being so honest."
_________________
The end..or is it?

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home