Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mac, Tabs & Jon











It is really interesting to meet someone face to face for the first time when you have corresponded for well over a year.

Now it was Tabs and I who corresponded, but her love for Jon made me feel as if I knew him and I am happy to report they are just what I expected.

As I walked around their flat I saw so many stories in their artwork, furnature, arrangements. Both of them share a fun aesthetic...one that makes mine here at The Citadel seem a bit bland.

I found that a little inspiring and I may go into town today with the dog and look for some ...well see, I don't even know what they are called.

Jon does have a Dylan-esque way, and Tabs looks like a 1930s movie star. Classic. They are also relaxed and yet direct.

Jon took me tot he airport and we discussed Nietsche, and also how atheism is often an ally to the Faithful since it debunks dead religion. It was enjoyable (like with James at lunch) to be able to kinda talk shorthand. I am not ruled by being an intellectual...but I am one. I just do not think the sun rises and falls in my head. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM , Blogger tabitha jane said...

isn't jon fabulous? i love him.


they are called tapestries.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home