Monday, August 28, 2006

Switching Gears

Why? Because I can and this is a non-commercial flight.

Evan, Breanna and Tabs.





Sunday was really my day with Jon Gentry. Tabs was burned out from ferrying a huge Scotsman to another state and back. Jamie got sick and Tabs needed to take her to emergency (as well).

Without cell phones nothing would be possible here.

Jon took me to the "Kennedy School", which is a cool old school converted into a Hotel, Restuarnt and about 6200 other things. It's very much what i alsways wanted Azotus to be and what is depicted in my novel.

That was weird.

(They still no not have a "Manfred" so there is hope of doing one here).

When we show up there are like a gang of people. Some I actually know by name from Friday night...like Breanna, Dave and er...well at least those two (I am not good with names).

It's an interesting reversal.

When I was their age and I sat at table with older thinkers, artists or poets I just shut up and listened and enjoyed.

Now that I am 49 and am a fairly established artist, writer, lay-theologian and Internet Guru I basically shut up and listened and enjoyed.

I like it better this way.

First of all they are damned funny. I luaghed so much and enjoyed the imitations, comments and stories. Playful, yet able to go deep I ended up in a side discussion with a philosophy student. Guy has the chops. It was nice...like a game of "catch" with someone who really has a feel for a baseball.

Jon was really my wingman the whole day and I enjoyed that very much. I'll post more pictures here in a bit when I get all the names from Tabs right.

They were very inclusive so I never felt on the outside.

The next few posts will just be photos from The Kennedy School. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM , Blogger tabitha jane said...

check out mcmenamen's here.

they basically rock.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home