Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ah...Marin








Bolinas, CA.




Okay, sometimes I am wrong. While the answers came circuitously and days later, I got a kinda yes on Sat/Sun with the kids and also a green on the Warriors game.

Of course, I am suspicious...but I'll just have to let that be and enjoy Adam and Camille on Saturday and Sunday.

L wants Camille back on Sat. night, but insists that is because Camille does not want to be overnight anywhere right now. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that and just be thankful to have Adam for two days.

******

Doesn't it seem odd to you? We have this world where parents do not enjoy their kids, or want them, or sit with them and listen, or play. Yet when they do, it is exactly those sort of parents who are denied?

This happens in many areas.

I have a good friend who loves his wife. He is faithful, good humored, caring and desires her. She couldn't care less. She shuns him.

I have five other single male friends who are very ready for a committed relationship with a woman. No takers...meanwhile these same women complain that all men want is to use them sexually.

As Vonnegut would still say "so it goes".

*******

My greatest joy in life is my quiet time with God and contemplation of His son Jesus.

I think few people allow themselves to experience the "desert" (they would rather have dessert). It's not so bad. And it clears away the clutter and bullshit.

Next to that I enjoy my children..each one of them. You always want something better for your kids. You try to pass on the good things, and protect them from what is broken inside of you. That's just being responsible.

But let's not forget there is joy.

When we went to the Zoo a few weeks back Camille was very clingy..but in a good way. There is a clean and pure father-energy that children feed on. It nourishes them..all they need is to be held, or hold hands, or be smiled at or laughed with. It's so very simple.

And it is joyful.

With the big lad it is like bumping into to each other a lot. He is 6'1" at 14 and i love draping my arm over his shoulders and joking around.

C. S. Lewis once said that friends feel a sense of privilege being with each other. I feel this with all my friends, my roomate, and my kids. I use to say of Sean and Thomas, that if they were not my sons "I would still want to know them as "best friends". That is how much I admire and enjoy them.

Same for Adman and Cammie.

Joy.

*******

The picture of the Jeep above is a kind of storyteller. My closest friend (Reese) is in the driver's seat, and Sadie is in the back. The Rocketbox is filled with kites, bags o'fun, a wetsuit, flippers and lots of bungie cords. There is a long board on top that bodes well for the future (I have already spent $400 to win a $50 bet with my father...go figure).

I love my Jeep. I use to drive a hot red Mustang convertible. I love my Jeep more. Better, it's paid for. It may be the best vehicle I have ever owned. My step brother Tim leased one a number of years back, which gave me the Jeep bug. If it died on me today I'd still be thankful for 2.5 years of bliss (repairs over that time have been under $700).

It's looks cool, is rugged, has 4 wheel drive if I ever need it, and the dog likes it.

It also gives me simple joy. It's a good thing to live within your means and be thankful for what you have.

*******

I thank you all for your prayers and good wishes and advice. I am hopeful that for whatever reason this dark season descended that it will lift and joy, care and love will prevail. I'd say that makes me a hippy except those same things form the hard edge of the Son of Man I so adore.

I also dislike pot and enjoy bathing regularly.

I will post pix of our times this weekend. We are celebrating Cammie's 9th birthday and I bought her specific Italian Charms to form a braclet I hope she will enjoy. Adam and I are looking at cars to fix up for him when he is 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home