Friday, November 17, 2006

WORD


Miniature Croquet at The Citadel.

We live in an old converted mansion that has lots of weird paths. So we put up barriers, hazards, rails, etc. and transformed the whole estate into a giant Miniature Golf course using croquet balls. This was a long shot that banks down another long path that runs 150 feet. Adam won on the last shot.


To Martha and Mood Indigo,

Well, thank you both for your comments. It is appropriate to comment and I welcome it. In such a tense situation I am not going to handle it perfectly, I can only admit when I do not.

I was not being sarcastic when I wrote L saying:

I obviously know your view of legality (hiding behind it). Mine happens to actually listen and take things into account. But if I do not have some very quick answers from you, and extremely good ones, I am calling Alameda CPS and reporting the incident to them today.

There is nothing wrong with passion and I meant every word straight up.

Remember it was a letter that has a lot of history behind it. There is a fair use of the State in custody matters, and unfair use. There is trying to find justice and the best thing for the kids, and there is hiding behind what you can get away with. What you can get away with is usually not in the best interest of the children and is outside the bounds of moral and spiritual justice.

That was my point. I suppose I could have just said that. Maybe next time.

"Context is everything"
In my attempts to discuss issues about the children with L&LIBF it always devolves to the same point. They say their view and I consider it. When it is my turn "this conversation is over!"

The Reason LIBF tries so hard to convince me that "words do not matter" is because he wishes mine did not.

How do I know?

He is a book publisher and editor. Do you really think a book publisher and editor does not believe words mean anything?

So he is usuing words to explain the reality that my words mean nothing. What conclusions can we draw from this position?

I think he views his words as meaningful and mine as worthless. And this carries over. His words as the LIBF are meaningful in time and space to my children, and mine as the father are not.

What would you call such a position?

Of course there are contradictions. He threatened me for writing this blog once saying it was "libelous". Not so, I would invite him to use his superior and meaningful words (now I am being sarcastic) to show me one false statement I have made.

I am very careful about these things.

I have written about my enraged neighbor. Several things have happened to my Jeep the last week. I suspect, but cannot prove anything. Therefore I cannot confront him or make a police report. I don't like it, but until I catch him, or someone else witnesses it, I cannot do or say a thing.

*******

L and LIBF are hiding behind an old mediation agreement. It was signed many years back under duress by myself when I was unemployed, depressed and battling alcohol consumption (they often are together). Later, the agreement became superfluous when L needed more help. There were never any concerns expressed then even though I was still wrestling with my own stuff.

And, in mediation, I told the truth and L lied. She bold-faced told the mediator she did not wrestle with alcohol issues herself. If I had the power of subpoena at that monent I could have proved it from her numerous journal entries. But I did not and she lied.

Now today things are very different. I live in a beautiful flat, the kids have their own room, art stations, toys and books. I no longer drink alcohol at all, so it is a non-issue (even though I need to point out there was never an incident when I did, and like all citizens I am certainly free to do so responsibly in my own home). I am regarded by many as an exemplary father who is not only nurturing, but also visionary and creative.

I love my kids actively and with passion. And the worst charge that LIBF and L have been able to level is that I had not yet had Camille brush her teeth on a friday night while we watched a film.

THAT is what I mean by hiding behind the law.

So you see, this is about something other than the kids. What and why?

I have no idea, only guesses.

Of course, there is every good reason to believe that now that I have spoken openly they will come after me. Given the money they have I am sure they can whip up something intimidating. No matter. We have free speech in this country and I intent to use it. I will not be silent where the safety of my kids is at stake. And as I said, if it can be shown that any statement I have made is false, I will gladly recant.

Words do mean something, regardless of who says them. I asked L to tell me what she knew and she declined.

Please comment.
________________

Epilogue: Martha wrote me in a letter that she feels sure L is viewing me as the "Old Mac". I think this is true. She has no idea who I am today. I am a lot like the Mac of 1983, yet older and wiser. Time reveals all.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 PM , Blogger kotamaris said...

I keep tellin' ya, it's croquet...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home