Friday, January 19, 2007

So...Story Number 2




In case you think I'm embellishing.







In short we put the car on blocks, rebolted the bucket seats in backwards, exchanged the headrests and armrests, Crisco-larded the windscreens, let the air out of the tires, and put a potato in the exhaust pipe.

Of course this was not enough.

Mac's doctrine must be inforced and was.

I had gotten the key from Pope Kodiac's sister Kitty. We waited until Wett had to go to Reno for Chris Fuji's ordination. Our youth pastor Dave was also alongside and as they went into the service in Reno he turned to Wettstein and said "Oh by the way...they are getting you tonight."

There was nothing he could do. He was 250 miles away, in a Presbyterian service and powerless.

Later he became an Episcopalian.

Of course he hunted me for a few weeks. I'd see his Suburban pull up outside the Mt. Diablo Hospital and I'd run inside. In the end there was nothing he could do. He had been had...I knew he had invaded "The Brick" and he was demoralized. Weeks later we had coffee and I convinced him to help me get Stanley.

Stanley was my best plan yet.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home