Friday, January 19, 2007

Term Planning











A classic 72 Bug. I just bought my son a 69 with a moon roof.



I moved from Simpson in 1979 to CSUS and was paired with Scott McCrae.

He was, and is, an utter rascal.

We have already established my character (and no, I am not nearly done with the Simpson stories).

We were roomates and on my first day I stopped by the CSUS bookstore and grabbed 25 "term planners" from a box so I could lace them under his covers.

It just seemed right at the time.

Scott never said a word. But the next day when I opened my overnight bin 50 term planners came spilling out on my head.

He was good.

Game on.

*******

It was a war of escalation but not without delight. I was often impressed. Scott was swift and had a sense of irony even though he was not in the Liberal Arts.

But I got him finally.

It's funny. In those days it was "no quarter" yet restrained. I feel now, these days that it's no quarter...yet damned serious.

I liked the other times more. It was fun and I didn't get nasty letters.

Anyway...I took like 800 term planners and scotch-taped them one-to-one and completely covered his Bug. When Scott came out to drive his Bug he had the world's largest and most prestigeous term planner in existence.

Hell..he could have made plans for the 24th Century given what I had provided in planning materials.

He gave it up after that. I believe the last words he said to me as he move to Draper Hall was 'Maniac".

I just Heard "Mac", but I hear that alot.

*******

Here is to Christine, Thomas, Benn, Cayla, Sean and Michael...who are all sons and daughters to such madness. I am the only adult who admits to being unscrewed...thus can I write these things. Enjoy.

Michael...your dad is the same..he just needs the job...believe me..I've seen it. Thank God for your mother Kathy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home