Thursday, August 04, 2005

Jesus Outed in Megachurch, Film at 11, Part 7



We walked out into the sunshine and he divested himself of my protective coat.

He got some stares, but five kids came over immediate-like and started to dance with him.

I just decided to relax.

Then security came and they wanted him to leave.

"I'm with him," he said pointing at me.

"Yes, well, actually I am with him, but we're leaving" I said.

"I can't take you anywhere," I said and we walked to lot 47.

"You want lunch?"

"Yeah sure."

I stopped at the local quicky mart and picked up some cheese, bread and wine.

At the park we stretched out on the salsa blanket.

"Why do you call it that?" he asked.

"You know perfectly well."

He grinned.

"You know stuff about your kids, yet you ask them and like to hear, no?"

"True."

"Let me ask you some questions, okay?"

"Sure as long as they are not ones that have been answered 62,000-hunded million times."

"Why do you let them lock you in the closet all the time."

"I'm being consistent."

"Huh?"

"Freewill."

"That sucks," I said.

"Yeah, well tell me about it. I still reek of Pinesol."

"What is going to happen to us?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well everything else is so fucked up...er, sorry."

"I spend three days in hell and you think the word fuck is going to offend me? Dang. Maugham is right, you are a wuss."

"Well what is gonna happen to Maugham?" I asked. "He thinks you are a myth. He'll never believe this story even though he'll want to."

"Maugham will get what he wants most dear. It may be utter autonomy, it maybe others, it may be me...it's hard to say."

"How can it be hard to say?" I asked. "You know everything right?"

"Yes, I do, but my knowing changes as all things move and breath and change at all times and all places."

"So you are saying it is not static?"

"I am saying that you are not asking the right questions. The only thing static is your laundry because you keep forgetting to buy dryer sheets." he said "you should look into that."

"But you know everything ahead of time, and thus you make it so."

"Amoeba, Abacus, Aborigines and Air Force One Mac."

"My paradigm is too small and limited is what you are saying," I asked.

"Yes, just as I am too small for your liking."

I shook my head down for a moment.

"So do you know and make it happen, or not?"

"Well remember I exist in relationships that are so multi-dimesional and faceted that it's hard to really explain it to a guy who can barely sustain 9 major relationships, 15 mediocre ones, and maybe 30 acquaintances." he said. "No offense, but it's the old "when pigs fly thingy".

"When pigs fly?"

"Yeah...actually that would have been a fun one. We should have done that the same week we did the platypus and the manatee."

"Point is," he said. "The answer is yes-yes and no-no."

"So let your yes be yes and your no be no?"

"That and more," he said. "Actually I said quite a bit more that day on that, but Matthew felt that was enough.

"Is your yes, yes and your no, no?"

"Always," he said. "Anything else is, well bad news."

___________________________________
Bread, wine and God changes God's mind.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home