Thursday, August 04, 2005

Jesus Outed in Megachurch, Film at 11, Part 5


Mac in the Big Coat.
_______________

The service was letting out. I led him out and shut the cleaning room door.

"Where now?" I asked. "Your agenda."

"I don't know what do you want to do?" he asked looking up.

"What is this?... like being 10 years old in the Summer with nothing to do kinda-thingy? I mean I just got into my first service in three years and then you start talking in my head and then I find you tied up in a broom closet. It's a bit much."

"Okay...okay," he said shaking his head. "Boy you had some pretty lame ideas when you were ten."

"Yeah, well some things never change." I said quietly whispering. "Look do you want to get out of here? I'd like to talk a bit more if you do not mind."

"Sure," he said. "Hey one cool thing was when you and Paul Standing made that model airplane and ran it down the wire on fire. That wasn't lame at all."

"Thanks," I said. "Look, duck in here under my coat."

The throngs came pouring out in thick waves as I hid the Son of Man under my big coat.

We had two floors to traverse and then make for the exit.

We got some looks. I mean the medium income of most of these folks is around $63,000 a year. I walking around with a scruffy looking Jewish guy in a robe under my coat.

One usher stopped me. "Can I help you?" he asked warily.

"I'm just taking this sweet man to the homeless ministry," I said.

"I wasn't aware that we had one?" he asked suspicious.

"Oh yeah...It's great," I feigned. "Pastor White's wife chairs it," I lied.

"You don't have to do that Mac" he whispered from my armpit. "Things are better in the light of day. Besides. what are they gonna do, kick us out?"

"What if they tie you up again?"

"Oh they will do that again later."

"What a life you have," I said.

"Yeah, but it's all there really is. Life."
____________________________
This is the story that never ends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home