Monday, September 25, 2006

Side-light: Tagged


Books...yum.
Man & Nature by Gregory Bateson
Love in the Western Word by deRougemont
Moffat on love on the NT
Walker Percy on Semiotics
Thiliecke on The Church
Bonhoeffer, Lewis, Kierkegaard and Malraux.





My Sis tagged me on this meme that was sent from Jaclyn (who has awesome taste...they both do...check them both out).

1. One book that changed your life - Have to say the Bible though I know it's corny. Genesis, Ecclesiastes, Pslams, Proverbs, the Song of Songs, Gospel of John, Colossians and Johns letters in particular.

2. One book you’ve read more than once. I read Walker Percy's The Second Coming every other year. I also read Pascal and Thomas Merton repeatedly.

3. One book that you’d want on a desert island. Again it would have to be the Bible...just so I could pray the Psalms. If that was not available...the complete works of Mad Magazine.

4. One book that made you laugh. Confederacy of Dunces or Woody Allen's Without Feathers.

5. One book that made you cry. I cry like a baby with movies, but books do not make me cry. Okay, once Anders Nygren made me cry with Meaning and Method but that was because it is almost unreadible though important. The sequel Meaning and Mentos is much more explosive.

6. One book that you wish you had written. Azotusland...oh...I wrote that. Ooops.

7. One book you wish had never been written. I'm with Sis on this...anything by Ann Coulter. Robert Schuller comes in a close second.

8. One book you are reading at the moment. Thomas Merton's Conjectures of a Guilty Bystander.

9. One book that you’ve been meaning to read. Eugene Peterson's Christ Plays in 10,000 Places. It's on my coffee table.


10. Tag five Myspacers: Okay...Seanathonorama, David Eugene, Tabitha Jane, Martha, and Lara.



Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home