Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Refreshing Visit













Old friend Rodan (Mike Roe) came by with Cheyanne last night and we shared good food, wine and long conversation on the deck.

It did my heart good after a raw week. As is true with all good and long term friends, their mere presence does the heart good.

Chy talked about her trip to England and we discussed her paintings. Mike and I are in agreement that she has an amazing ability to capture the human face. I'm a bit in awe of that as I cannot do it.

I never brought up the controversy about my kids as I feel it will blow over with time. Instead I told them stories that I have told my children about pranks...elaborate ones..and there was much guffawing.

Mike and I tried not to bring up Warehouse stories because it bores Chy, and we respect that. But there was an explanation of the John Terrel voices and early renditions of the "anatomy of a jelly donut". I mentioned that one of the main characters in my novel was based loosely on Terrel and that his character was not without redeeming aspects.

Chy did crack up at the mention of the Neely pronounciation of "Sane-tan". Who knows...perhaps the Neely's are just goading the Adversary. Hey, Martin Luther use to throw fecal material and curse the Devil.

We had good bbq roasted potatos, pork loin and fresh salad. Later we watched Triumph videos online and howled.

"That's ridiculous!"

It was a nice night.

Back to reality. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home