Monday, September 18, 2006

No Father's Day in Placer County


Ah...these are just animal control folk from Placer. Good folk no doubt. But the dogs in Placer County are treated better than fathers are.







You really have no rights in some places and jurisdictions. You are judged guilty until you prove your innocence and they take your kids from you because we all know fathers are abusive and women are saints.

Well I have admitted to being naive. Having been arrested only once and for a crime I was exonerated for (completely) I trusted the system.

I was wrong to do so.

The system is corrupt and cynical. It is meant to grind and pulverize people. It also feeds into the coffers of related agencies that charge for their various services. It's a big business.

But I did not know that a few years back when my Ex demanded legal mediation. I thought it was going to be a discussion to come to peaceful solutions.

Since I had done nothing and there was never an incident of any kind (basically innocent) I felt I had nothing to fear.

It was, instead, a very personal tribunal. I told the truth and she lied and deflected...right to my face.

If you are a father in the State of California and you are ever summoned to one of these, do not go. They cannot force you and you are better off because once you show they can do anything they want with you. It's all on public record. And you are essentially powerless

There are no Father's Days in Placer County.

*******

The System is used by the aggresive party as a sort of hammer to get what they want. You figure the mediator, being trained to be objective, will see through this obvious attempt. At the very least whatever is asked of you will be asked of her.

Nope.

You leave the office in a kind of dull fog realizing you have done something very stupid.

Mediators are like judges outside the law and due process. They can decide anything and it will stay with you for years.

So after the "incident" with my daughter where, in two minutes and after a full day, she simply left watching a movie to go and watch with her brother and did not say she needed more attention I am now treated to the following statements:

We're going back to the court-ordered arrangement. You'll need to set up weekends with your parents or contact the court to find a place in the East Bay or Marin that will work as a supervised place. Or you can do what the court asked you to do and then you can go back to court and redo the custody/visitation arrangement. It's up to you.

Oh yes, that went well the first time...I feel sure it will go even better this time.

********

Just to set the record straight. My parents live three or more hours away. We have worked very hard for years to hammer out a peaceful relationship which L could potentially decimate in a few weeks.

Naw...not going there.

My father and I have an agreement. We love and accept each other...are always honest and we leave personal matters alone.

********

There is a scene in Mrs. Doubtfire where Robin Williams confronts Sally Feilds about her persecuting him. She admits she was angry but that her kids need their father.

That is really the bottom line. My kids have a good father who loves and enjoys them and they are being witheld in a powerplay fueled by anger, and fear behind that anger.

********

Nothing can keep me from my kids. It may be six months until I can see them unhindered, but I will weather this and so will they. They know my love for them and no amount of dead words to justify her actions can change what has been established.

I did nothing wrong and I have a witness. It is also ironic that the next day my daughter was locked out of her own house and LIBF did not let her back in until 5-20 minutes because he was asleep on the job.

I'd say the Homer Simpson line "stupid poetic justice!" except it was my daughter and she was in danger on their watch.

That was an incident.

They have never been able to produce one single example of an incident on my end. And Reese has watched me care for my kids for two years.

Not one.

*******

I was talking with Reese about this and the fact that I am like granite and L is like a dervish whirlwind.

"Yeah, but wind does some damage to granite right?"

"Yes. I never said it wouldn't hurt." Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home