Saturday, October 21, 2006

Adam's Birthday, part 1


World Series 2002.

















In 2002 Adam turned ten on, well October 22nd. There was a little thing called the "World Series" going on them between the Giants and the Angels. So we hopped in the Mustang and beat it down to (then) Pac-Bell Park.

You do not want to know what the scalper's tickets cost. Let's just say it would be a couple of major car payments.

But you only turn ten once, and if your team is in the Wolrd Series it just seems right.

Well they lost. Grr. But I did get a fantastic picture of a Barry Bonds launch and we had big dogs with all the fixens and got a great Giants blanket and ha da bodacious time.

*******

Adam as long as I have known him (tomorrow will be 14 years), is one of the easiest and most fun people on the planet. Ever optimistic, open, fun-loving, relational, energetic and smart. He's affectionate, respectful and playful.

Now it is a supreme compliment that Reese gives me when he does something and she looks at me and says "Tree...Apple...sigh..." because Adam and I are a lot alike. Of my three sons ("music comes in here") he is the only one who may be taller than myself...which will be kinda freaky for me as no one is taller than me in our whole family. I imagine it probably freaked my own dad out quite a bit when I shot up not 2 or 3, but 7 inches taller than him.

That's freaky.

If ever Adam does come over and he is 2 inches taller and I am looking up at him I will have to remember his wide and expansive heart. We share a great deal of active love to each other and express it often. I truly respect him, and I like him (as a father you are only required to love and ask for respect). I respect his straight-up way. More tomorrow. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home