Wednesday, October 04, 2006

No Speak








One of the main gifts given to humanity is speech. It came long before the written words that I type here and have existed for only maybe 5,000 or so years.

In the Garden in Genesis (Bible) one of the unique features was the naming of the animals. God asked Adam to name the animals and even God went by that name (It's why the Platypus is so named...I feel certain it is just as ridiculous in Hebrew. It does kinda fit.)

Speech had a certain power and it still does today. In a very real sense every newspaper you read, every news report you listen to, and every show you watch is simply the "naming of the animals" in some way or another.

Human speech is a remarkable gift and all of our arguments against one another are attempts to try and name the animals in each other without seeing the animals in ourselves.

I see the animal in myself. It displeases me. I'd rather be in denial but it is too late for me. I took the "red pill" a long time ago.

I stand alongside those who have taken the "blue pill" often.

One of the telling signs of those who have taken the blue pill is that they cannot handle dissonance or disagreement.

They cannot admit they are wrong because it would destory the artifice of certainly.

So they simply try to silence dissonance and truth-telling.

*******

Now lest you think I think I am "right" let me clarify. I am wrong all the time. Regularly..er, daily. I do not have the luxury of self-imposed certainty nor do I need it because I have faith. I live in relationship with a God in Who's mere shadow I am pretty much always wrong.

I got an email in response to my not accepting a subliminal relationship with my daughter via email (for no reason...they have yet to produce one) with the admission that my email to my daughter with a great picture of the bird eggs and a note to her were summarily erased because
"I did not see the other one you sent as I am reading fewer and fewer of your emails"

Let's be clear on this. I send brief practical emails when appropriate. That's it. The majority have been supportive of L and her various moves the last year.

So if she is viewing fewer and fewer emails that would maybe be like 2 a month instead of 6 of a practical nature.

Fear and more fear.

******

L use to scream at me when i wanted to talk about issues "This conversation is OVER!!!"

The great gift we have is that we can talk and we do not have to be "right" all of the time. God's grace is sufficient, and we can choose to love instead of being ruled by fear and anger.

For right now I have to trust in that grace and love that God has for my kids while they are witheld from me. I do. I am at peace on that. I know they suffer because of it, but there are far worse things and they know that I love them.

L would like to silence me and control all my contact with my children. It cannot be done.

She has already lost. She just does not realize it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home