Saturday, December 30, 2006

Part 3...this is the fun part










You know what is disgusting? The guy...sans the Robert Plant hairdo...looks just the same. Serious. He looks 25...it's disgusting. I, on the other hand look a healthy 45 on a good day. On a bad day I look like Nick Nolte in a lineup.

I'm still taller than him.


Okay, so back to the story (why do I feel like Peter Falk?)

I had the key..and the crew and the timing and the tools. The simple plan was to extract the bench seat and place it higher to God.

We laid seige to the Chevy with abandon. The bench seat was extracted and roped and hoisted into the big fir tree within 4 minutes. It was beautiful. It was performed with near Prussian efficieny, which was remarkable since we had a company of three mutts with Anglo names and the largest Jew you have ever seen.

Then The lights came on and it all went nuts.

It was a pure thirty foot drop off the retaining wall to God knows what was below. Wettstein and I did not hesitiate because we had heard Mrs. Mitchell (who weighs about 79 pounds and is about the sweetest woman you will ever meet) scream at 3 a.m. "Gettim" George!!!"

The Flounder.

Who keeps a dog so neanderthal that it has both of it's eyes on the TOP of it's head?


Wett and I flung ourselves headlong off the retaining wall. By some miracle niether of us was killed or even injured. In fact, in an incident unlike any since (where I am always injured or at least humiliated) we both made it across the creeks and onto the backroad to safety and his Capri.

Stanley and Malone did not fair so well.

(By the way , this is my New Year's gift to you. You cannot make this stuff up. It all happened and we are not done yet).




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home