Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Best Prankster Ever..part 2













You can see why he called me "webhead".






Bible college is a ridiculous thing. We did not know this coming in.

Rich and I both came from "the streets". Broken families...insane mothers...and distant fathers.

We just wanted to learn the Bible.

(It's still not a bad idea).

After we had made a pact (one that exists to this day some 27 years later) we unleashed together.

It was not all pranks. We did very hard work in our studies, Rich was an animal that way. We pulled all-nighters often and we encouraged each other in every class...relating each test to a baseball at-bat.

"How'd it go?" I'd ask.

"I tripled off the wall" Rich would say. "You?"

I homered a lot.

We had great teachers. They had second jobs to pay their bills...they were wonderful. Not just Doc, but Dr. Collard (Greek) and Wallmark (New Testament) and a man whose name will come to me (it's so close) in a bit. The finest men.

Then there were people who were completely nuts. Utterly.

Sone were students, others professors. I'll start with the profs.

Under proxy, my abnormal psychology class was overseen by Floyd Simmerson. I speak his name openly because 1) he has probably gone to meet the choir invisible by now; and 2) if not he would simply deny that he wore a polyester leisure suit to teach a college class.

In either event, I showed up one day for class and walked in and he was wearing a white polyester leisure suit. That was the warning shot. The thick belt and white shoes put me over the top.

Devan Devan Olsen (we do not know why) looked at me like "you staying?"

"Naw" I said aloud to the whole room..."Too much". And I walked away. I showed up for the final 9 weeks later and ace-d it.

In the meantime, the usual supects were all over.

Rich daily destroying Devan Devan Olsen or myself unless we had a suitible other target...and it was daily...you need to understand that.

I'll give you an example. Big mints.

I broke into Devan Devan's room and took two urinal disks and splintered them with his golf clubs (Rich has done this 2 weeks earlier and I saw his brilliance). Then I shut his window and turned up the heat (evebn though it was Spring) so-as to cook the vapors.

It was uninhabitable for a week or so.

That was just one day.

On the next day Rich had stolen Devan Devan 's truck and he walked him down the hallway talking about crime in the City and how rampant it was as he led him to the window that overlooked Devan Devan Olsen's usual parking spot.

"WHERERE's my TRUCK?!!!" he snarled to no avail.

******

Then there were the students.

When I called Rich the other night he replied "Bacdon!"

It's an old name for me...not as old as "Mac" but just as accurate.

I am Christopher, Mac and Bacdon. Those are my three Christian names.

I will tell you how I got the name "Bacdon" tomorrow...and I promise you will laugh.

2 Comments:

At 3:35 PM , Blogger Mood Indigo said...

This picture looks EXACTLY like Thomas!

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger Obi-Mac BakDon said...

Yeah...minus the webhead factor.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home