Sunday, December 31, 2006

The Wall...

When the lights went on and The Flouder prevailed we fled.

Sure...the bench seat of the Chevy was twisting in the wind in the Euclayptus tree (everyone had clear sinuses).

Wett and I had been the first off the wall. Stanley and Malone merely tumbled before The Flounder was upon them (did I mention that his eyes were on TOP of his head?).

Stanley was in the creek...the waters scrabbling over his legs in the darkness while Malone hid under some rough brush (it was significant brush to be sure). Later, Malone would admit that George was so close that he could "smell him".

But The Flounder was not able to detect either of them and so they escaped 30 minutes after Wettstein and I had.

Well we had had a great time. The seat in the tree...the flight from the estate...all without Mitchell's knowledge... Escaping The Flounder....well you get it...

Only later did I realize that Mrs. Mitchell would some day become privy to these happenings and that for the next 30 years she would always look at me with suspicion.

We hit the Capri like teens and Wettstein was bouncing off the top of his car the whole way back. It was like being in a small car with...well a bear (thusly named) to Roundtree laughung his ass off.

I was more subdued as I felt certain the night was not over and doom was in the air.

At near dawn, Stanley and Malone showed up (see picture). Stanley was wet and shaking. Malone was unplussed. Wett and I had had coffee. We had a neighbor take a picture. I had changed into my Saint costume.

Well we knew they were coming.

Of course...NOTE... none of the other three knew they were next.

So we sent out up Ygnasio way at 6 a.m.

We went West ...Malone in Grandpa (an old thing), Wett in the Capri and me in "The Brick".

Coming East on Ygnasio was the Mitchell clan...in a Landrover.

They passed Grandpa and the Capri without notice...but went buggied-eyed when the Brick went by.

Thus the hunt in Walnut Creek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home