Monday, January 22, 2007

Bacdonowd

I wish I had a picture of this guy. I don't. But he was beautiful, tall and passionate. Derrick McGhee.

Not to be at all confused with Rich McGhee, whose surname was also Derick.

Derrick McGhee was a tall black preacher from Oakland but he had one small foible...he misspoke dispite his eloquence.

So "How you doing man?" came out "Bacdonowd!! How you doin ban!!!?"

And he listed to the right and made weird arm gestures.

I already related how Simpson was like the Starship Enterprise in it's inclusive nature...so imagine me standing 400 feet away from Rich as he walked down the very long hall and he was channeling Derrick and just got "stuck" against the wall.

He just listed right and got stuck against the wall...gawd I wish I had a picture.

Maniac.

Now we have to do mp3's.

There is no other way to tell the story.

Part one will be "My Wife" which was Derrick's excuse to come to my room and spleen out for hours on end. And the coffee in a beerstein.

Part two will be a short deal on his brother and photos.

Part three will be the dinner table with Rich, Kress and myself.

Now I love this guy....do not get me wrong. He is as comic a figure as I am.

Enjoy my being named "Bacdon".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home