Saturday, January 21, 2006




















"Nothing is as simple as black and white" ~ Pleasantville
_____________________________

Doug posted a response here that got erased when I thought I was erasing my own response. Unlike Doug, I do not believe in censorship and he is free to make as big an ass of himself as he wants anytime.

Here was his letter:

I called you a faggot mac? Where? I guess you're what they call a brother in the
Lord in your Liberal Christian circles. ...and that's some typical Frisco-style
elitism to insuate the lack of museums in Glendale denote anything of
importance. No wonder why you worship France.

I live just a few miles from wonderful museums, my favorite I can zip to during lunch...the Gene Autry Museum (showing the movies of Sergio Leone right now) and I've been to the curator's house right here in sleepy Glendale. But this museum probably doesn't count because there aren't enough Piss-Christs.

Mac and Martha got banned simply because they are ungenerous guests, pull their shoes off and put their stinky feet on the furniture, take a crap in the kitchen etc. No class elitists...the worst of both worlds.


Well, Doug, with all his class, has called me a fag, gay, elitist, stupid, ignorant, dumb, a fuckwit, gosh...the list is almost endless...pinko, commie, Marxist, bastard...it goes on.

I have no idea what he means by a "brother in the Lord" but I can assure you he probably doesn't mean me well with it.

The thing about Frisco is we have real museums and great restaurants and a rich culture and really, just one of America's most beautiful cities. And instead of appreciating that, Doug chooses to take the words of an insane man (Nagen) and make mockery while he lives in a strip mall and has to travel a city or two over to view Spaghetti Westerns.

For every Target in Glendale we have a De Young Musuem. It's not elitist..it's called planning and vision for the future, as well as appreciation for the past.

The museums of SF don't boast piss-Christs.

They display Ruebens, Van Gogh, Monet...Edvard Munch. The sculptures of Rodin. Up on the cliffs of Baker Beach (my fav) is Ansel Adam's house. Wayne Thiebaud has done his most amazing work here. It's a glorious city named after the great Saint Francis. It is a city where the Homeless are actually considered. It is a city where free health care has begun to grow.

Doug would make San Francisco about one thing..and one thing only...homosexuality.

That's just plain dumb for anyone who lives here.

Where will you go today Doug? To the mall?

We will go to the beach and watch the massive trade ships come under the Golden Gate and look out on a city whose beauty is utterly lost on you.







That's all. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home