Friday, September 15, 2006

Had Enough



Camille, age 8, with the Poochini on a recent walk.

















Divorce is a horrible thing. I was about 15 when my parents split up, tried to come back...split up again. It was hardest because we had always been a family alienated. No one got along with anyone else, really from the beginning. I am thankful to say that today I get along great with my Dad, my sister, my younger sister and my step brothers and their wonderful mother Dee.

I have been through two divorces, which means they should place a yellow sticker on my arm to warn off women. I accept this and it humbles me. At age 49 I find myself not needing a woman to feel complete or at home. I am grateful for my roommate who is beautiful (gawd), kind and honest. But we don't have to be a couple. I am content.

My Ex-Wife Lori is not content. And everytime I start to get content she becomes a malcontent and starts to mess with me. I have friends who have watched and observed this for years and years. More than one friend has said "it's like she has a sixth sense...she always knows when you start to move ahead".

It's true. She is dead on everytime. I can be down in a hole and lost and she leaves me alone...but I start making real gains and whammo! It has come to the point where whenever I decide to make a major change I simple "factor" that in.

I am factoring that in now.

So now her power is waning. She can really only manipulate the youngest child...my daughter (see above). She is only 8. The Boy is 13 and is way too saavy at this point. So my daughter is the pawn.

My Ex-wife is a Christian, as am I. Her live-in boyfriend is an influential editor for a Christian publishing house. My roomate and I have been lovers, so I claim no moral superiority in any way. As a matter of praticality I suppose they should shack-up. He is not a bad man by any means...just pompass and anal. They are well suited for one another and I wish them well.

But she is keeping my daughter from me now. And I shall write about that in my next installment. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home